At Charfield Primary, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children.
We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision by employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Primary School’s Sports Funding -
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
Click here for our 2017-18 Primary School’s Sports Funding Report.
Click here for our 2018-2019 Primary School's Sports Funding Report
Click here for our 2019-2020 Primary School's Funding Report
What is the Sports Premium?
The primary PE and sport premium will be paid by the Secretary of State for Education to the academies and free schools as stated in section 14 of the Education Act 2002.
In accordance with Section 16 of that Act, the Secretary of State lays down terms and conditions on which financial assistance is given in relation to the premium payable for the academic year.
Schools within Academy Trusts will receive the premium based on the number of pupils on roll as follows:
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after-school sports clubs and residential visits